Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Amazing people and projects are changing Baltimore for the better. On Thursday, May 26, 2011 from 6-9 pm at the Windup Space, BmoreSmart and Ignite Baltimore, with support from American Communities Trust, ChangeMatters, Feats, Inc., Naden/Lean LLC, Urbanite, and WTMD, are celebrating this change with Ignite for a Better Baltimore.
If you are driven to build a better Baltimore, through enterprise, innovation, or philanthropy, you will want to be at Ignite for a Better Baltimore. Successful globally, Ignite events are entertaining, enlightening, and a great forum for meeting new people. Fifteen speakers will give five-minute presentations, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds. Speakers include
- Reverend Heber Brown III - Pastor, Pleasant Hope Baptist Church
- Peter Bruun - Artist and Art Educator; Contractor, Art on Purpose
- John Campagna - Managing Partner, Restore Capital
- Megan Hamilton - Program Director, Creative Alliance
- John Herron - CEO, Harbor City Services
- J. Buck Jabaily - Executive Director, Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance
- Rebekah and Justin Kuk - Homelessness Advocates
- Geoff Livingston - Partner & Co-Founder, Zoetica
- Allissa Richardson - Asst Professor & Journalism Program Coordinator, Morgan State University
- John Shepley - Vice President, Emory Knoll Farms
- Jill Sorensen - Executive Director, BEVI, Inc.
- Mike Subelsky - Hacker and Entrepreneur
- Jack VandenHengel - Executive Director, Shepherd's Clinic
- Tracy Ward - Publisher, Urbanite
- Tong Zhang - Chief Innovations Officer, Incentive Mentoring Program
Due to the generosity of our sponsors, proceeds from this event will go towards an Ignition Grant to support innovative start-up projects looking to make a difference in Baltimore. The next round of Ignition Grants will be awarded at the Ignite Baltimore #9 in Fall 2011.
|American Communities Trust||ChangeMatters|
|Feats, Inc.||Naden/Lean LLC|